Friday 4 April 2014

Prototype

Today I have started designing and cutting the prototype for my latest commission.


I have chosen the fabrics and colours, cut fabric on the bias to make the piping.


Drew the shape of the bag and cut the panels in paper and freezer paper (love using this, makes everything so much easier!).


Pinned the piping unto the back part of the front pocket.


Sewed the piping and the pocket zipper onto the pocket panel that will be sewn onto the front of the bag. I have never made this sort of pocket before so I hope that with the help of the internet it will work out all right.


Pinned the second zipper part onto the front of the front pocket.

With this bag I have to use technics I have not used before so it is quite exciting to see how it will turn out!




No comments: