Monday 26 May 2014

Fleather

My first bag made of fleather (faux leather) and it turned out pretty well! I used this fantastic scrap of embroidered fabric which I saved for a very special bag. Maybe it was a bit stupid to use it with my first fleather bag but I wanted to use this colour and it makes the fabric really stand out. I immagined that if everything went wrong I could still take the whole bag apart and use the fabric with faux suede which is much easier to handle because you cannot see any sewing mistakes and it can easily be unpicked and sewn again without seeing where it had been stitched before.

For the lining I used a linen/cotton mixture in a natural colour. There is one large slip pocket inside, large enough to hold an iPad and outside there are a slip pocket on each side for smart phone and /or (sun)glasses case, a large slip pocket at the front and a large zippered pocket at the back both the same size as the slip pocket inside. It closes with a concealed zip.











No comments: