Saturday 20 September 2014

New fabrics and bags

We have been back in Scotland now for just over two weeks. On one of the stopovers to Scotland, in Zwolle, I bought a whole stack of new cotton and linen fabrics for the bags I want to sew while in Ireland this winter and in Hawick I bought twenty pieces of curtain fabrics in the most beautiful colours. Even if we have gale force winds this winter, I will not be bored! As long as I have my fabrics and my sewing machine, I will be totally happy and content.


And here are the latest two bags for Presents Galore. They are made of a very soft green faux suede and woollen tweed in greens and browns. I had hoped to make a series of four again but I don't think that I have sufficient green faux suede left. I may have to use another colour of faux suede for the round bag I intended to make. It will be either brown fleather of yellow faux suede and I hope to finish these two before October 6th.





No comments: