Monday 15 February 2016

Getting started again

We have been back for a week now but somehow I have problems getting started again. I need to clear up everything that we brought back with us but I am also looking forward to spring and have this feeling that I should do some spring cleaning.

I have to sell some of our furniture to make space for those items that we will bring back from Scotland. I sold two chairs yesterday but that is only the beginning and I have a fight on my hands with Alan about every item, because he does not want to sell anything!

I cleared up old magazines. Some of them dated back to the last century. I still can't get my hear around it that this is 16 year ago! Looking at the pile of magazines it seems ridiculous how much money I must have spend on these and now I get it all for free on the internet, especially on Pinterest, and I can refer to anything I want to have a look at again! I still have to sort out books - there seem to be so many of them that I'm not quite sure where to start!

Just a small part, some is already in the paper bin.
I advertised it for free on two FB groups but  nobody wanted these!

This is what my sewing room looked like last Monday!
I moved all the bags to a different room
and was still left with all this in the sewing room still today!
So, all I still have to do is sort out the fabrics!


No comments: