Monday 22 July 2013

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Looking for a bracelet to go with one of the bags I made for my son's wedding, I came across this one.

Years ago I made this bracelet because I wanted to find out how you transform a sheet of silver into a bangle while raising the sides. After a few nights of hammering and some muscle ache I managed to get the right shape. However, after that I was lost and did not quite know how to make it look pretty. I tried blackening the inside, soldering some studs and putting freshwater pearls on the studs - but it never was one of my favorite bangles.


You can still see the studs where the black spots are.

After reading up again on polymer clay, I got the idea of putting a layer of polymer clay on the inside and it turned out all right. I'm quite pleased with the result.


I also made a new necklace using polymer clay beads, polymer clay discs which I formed in the shape of a flower head, felt beads and swarovski crystals. I still had the polymer clay and silver necklace so I have two choices of what to wear with the turquoise bag.



No comments: