Tuesday 13 August 2013

How to change a mistake into an asset!

While making the Amy Butler Blossom Bag I made one huge mistake. I had cut all parts including the lining, interfacing, Peltex and fleece, ironed all the iron-on parts onto the outside fabric and lining and was in the process of putting a zip into the back panel when I realized that I had the panel upside down! There was no alternative but to make a new panel including Peltex and fleece and put the panel with half the zip already attached on the side.

When I finished the Blossom Bag I had a look at the panel again and decided to use this for a new bag.

Look how this turned out! The bow can easily be changed for the rosette with a press button system.





2 comments:

ChrisW Designs said...

What a great bag! just goes to show what you can do with a little imagination! Well done!

Page Hirst said...

Thanks Christine.