Monday 25 November 2013

Lady in red - prototype - finished

I finished this prototype bag yesterday and I'm quite proud of what I have achieved. It has the following features:

Outside:
Zippered pocket
Slip pocket
Slip pocket for smartphone
Pocket for water bottle

Inside:
Divider panel to keep A4 writing pad
Two large slip pockets - one for kindle and one a bit larger
One slip pocket for business cards
Two pen holders
One small slip pocket for lipstick, etc. (on the picture I put some colored felt tip pens in this pocket)

This bag is designed as a cross body bag and for the first time I have tried my hand at riveting. It was much easier that I anticipated.

Size of the bag is about 34 cm x 23 cm x 11 cm excluding the outside side pockets. With all the pockets filled, there is still sufficient space for a bag insert. It is quite a bit larger that the first prototype I made, which is approximately 27 cm x 27 cm x 6 cm and has no space for a bag insert.

However, with these 2 prototypes I can show that there are a lot of possibilities with regard to size and straps. This can all be very easily adapted.

The last two pictures are of the fully loaded bag plus bag organizer. It gets a bit crowded. However, if you want to use a bag organizer, you do not need quite as many inside bag pockets.


 


















No comments: