Last night I finished my 'Scottish Borders' bag. It came out very nice and I hope it will be appreciated by the person who will get it! There is one outside zippered pocket and there are two slip pockets inside. I put little tassels on the zip ends and I made these tassels by fraying a scrap of the tapestry fabric. The zipper is much easier to use now and it looks quite smart as well.
After reading one of Christine Welch's (http://www.chriswdesigns.com/about.htm) interviews, where Vilene Fold-A-Band was used for making handles, I used this method for the first time and found it much easier than the way I did it before. I did not only use it for the handles but also for the top zipper closure and I will keep on doing so. Very easy and quick and looks really neat!
Thank you, Christine, keep up with the interviews. I learn something every time!
Here are a few pictures of the bag: