Saturday 16 August 2014

Some more on my Scottish theme

I found this herringbone woollen tweed skirt again in one of the bags ready for the clothes collection and fell in love with the fabric again. I always loved this skirt but, funny enough, never wore it a lot. I washed the skirt and it came up beautifully. I decided to combine it with yellow faux suede and make a series of different bags.

The first two are now finished and I have used the same pattern for these two. However, one is a shoulder bag only, whereas the other one has an adjustable strap and can be worn cross body. They both have a full width slip pocket at the front that closes with a magnet and a full width zippered pocket at the back as well as a slip pocket on each side for easy access to mobile, glasses, keys, etc.

The bag itself closes with a zipper: a black one for the shoulder bag and a yellow one for the cross body bag. Inside both bags are two slip pockets and the lining is a beautiful pale yellow fabric with a woven-in leaf motif.

These bags will be part of my collection for the Presents Galore Fair in Kelso, early October. Asking price will be € 59.95 converted into GB£s.

Both bags viewed from the front

Shoulder bag

Cross body bag

Side pockets

Back of both bags with zippered pocket

Zippered tops

Inside slip pockets

Page yellow lining

No comments: