Tuesday 23 June 2015

Waxed bags

Most of the waxed bags I found on the internet are beige, brown, etc. and you do not see many made of a colourful fabric. So, I decided to do a series of three waxed bag of which the first one is finished. I used a very striking linen with giant flowers for the top and a tighter woven linen  for the bottom part, straps, zip closure and lining.

I waxed the complete outside, straps zip closure and top part of the lining which stays visible at the top, in fact, all parts that could catch rain or are liable to get quickly dirty.

I did not want to add any pockets on the outside because that would detract from the design of the fabric.

Inside I added two slip pockets.  One slip pocket I closed with velcro tape so that valuables can safely be stored away.

Front

Back

Four feet

Zippered closure
Close-up of fabric


No comments: