After having been to the fabric market last Saturday and buying all those fabrics, my hands were twitching to start using some of these and I started by sewing strips together to make the body of the bag in the colours that I wanted. When I put the pattern on this piece of finished fabric, I realised that, if I wanted to use this pattern, I had to cut off most of the dark purple stripe, which I did not really want to do! In the end I decided to make it into a larger bag.
This means that I will still have to make a bag for myself to take on my trip next Tuesday!
|The bag on the right was too small!|
|The bag on the left is too large!|
|Two slip pockets inside|
|Also two slip packets inside!|