Thursday 16 April 2015

Still more bowler bags

As I will be going away for a few days next week, I decided to make a small bowler bag for myself for the flight to Amsterdam. When I finished the bag, I realised that it was a bit too small for my iPad, so I decided to make the same bag just a few centimeters higher. 

After having been to the fabric market last Saturday and buying all those fabrics, my hands were twitching to start using some of these and I started by sewing strips together to make the body of the bag in the colours that I wanted. When I put the pattern on this piece of finished fabric, I realised that, if I wanted to use this pattern, I had to cut off most of the dark purple stripe, which I did not really want to do! In the end I decided to make it into a larger bag.

This means that I will still have to make a bag for myself to take on my trip next Tuesday!

The bag on the right was too small!

The bag on the left is too large!

Two slip pockets inside

Also two slip packets inside!

No comments: