Saturday 6 June 2015

Another pattern, another prototype

I received a request for a bag that I had not made before. Well, I made one but only a very small one - a fold-over bag.

Here is the result for a prototype which seems to be just as the customer wants:

For fabrics I used handwoven wool for the main body, Upholstery fabric for the bottom and sides and linen for the handles

There are four metal feet

There is a large slip pocket at the back with small slits for end, pencils, etc.

Behind the zip is a very large pocket for all the valuable things

For the lining I used yellow cotton. It has 3 slip pockets for easy access to mobile, glasses, etc. and it also has a key clip, just visible on the righthand side

The fold-over part stays in place when the handles at the front are used. The main part of the bag is large and the bag can still be carried by the handles when the fold-over part is straightened.

No comments: