Monday 2 July 2018

Resin pendants

Today I have finished thee sets of three pendant each. I am really pleased with them. Whenever I had too much of one colour of resin I poured it into several moulds and kept doing this until these were full. The colour combinations look stunning. In some of the pendant I have also used 'glow in the dark'.

Sometimes it is good to make mistakes. With the bracelet I wanted to try out various layers of different colours but not horizontally. I made two huge mistakes: the first was that I used a small amount of paint. I wanted the resin to turn completely white. It would not have been so bad if the small particles had not been on the surface as well, but they are and you can feel them. My second mistake was, that I tried to correct some parts of the bracelet with more resin but it dried, leaving streaks of resin all over the bracelet.

In order to get rid of these runny streaks, I have to use a file and a lot of sandpaper to get rid of these, which left me with a very mat finish. I polished this with bees wax and I prefer this bracelet now to the previous shining one. It looks better and it feels much smoother on the skin.

Pastel colours.
3 x 3
In every group there are 2 vertical ones and one horizontal.
On this picture it is difficult to properly see the colours of
the two darker groups but in reality they look great..
The bracelet looks good now.
The light green, lights up in the dark!


No comments: